Thursday, July 16, 2015

Postcard Swap

I've have now finished and mailed all the postcards that I was assigned for the Postmark'd Art group.

The first theme was Sunset/Sunrise

I sewed think strips of material - was a little tricky to get the oranges to sew in correctly!  I only had to create and exchange 3 & they were well received!

(pictures will not upload - will try later…_

The next theme I entered was Dragonfly (my favourite theme…)

These are two of the cards I created - I did 12 - 6 for the postcard exchange and 6 to hopefully sell at the art gallery.

I thread painted the wings one afternoon - water soluble stabilizer & tulle.

Another day I finished the postcards - I sewed bullion knots for the dragonfly body and 2 green beads for the eyes.  I must say they are very cute!  I had to mail them using clear cello envelopes to protect the wings.