Saturday, April 7, 2012

TAST Week 14

Week 14 - Satin Stitch
This weeks Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge stitch is the Satin stitch!


I worked it with 3 strands - not my usual 2 as I do not have any thicker yarns.  I will definitely have to stock up next time I am in a shop.  I know my cloth had holes too large for doing a proper satin stitch, but practice was good - so I stitched the flower (sorry the picture is not straight) on some cotton I had so I could know that I could do the stitch properly (just do not look too closely as I need lots more practice to get the edges straight).  My aunt is turning 91 this month - will make it into a card for her.

2 comments:

Rose said...

How sweet of you to make a special card for your aunt! Your work is lovely.

Arlene Delloro said...

Very well done!