I worked on Sue Spargo's "in Full Bloom" Block of the Month quilt during 2014. I loved working with the wool and learning and stitching all those lovely embroidery stitches.
We were not allowed to show our work until this May - we had to wait until Sue put the quilt package up for sale on her website.
Below is the drawing that we were given at the beginning of January 2014 - I have not finished the top quilting yet, but I have inserted the final top before quilting. I have also put each of the months blocks as I finished them. I think I may have to find a long arm quilter to quilt the top - I hate to do it, but I do not want to ruin my hundreds of hours of work!
I really enjoyed this BOM and I am now working on the 2015 BOM.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Saturday, June 13, 2015
Friday, April 24, 2015
Christopher & Jamie finished Gwen's bedroom & she was able to sleep in her own room. Jamie had picked the theme Owls for her room, so I was finally able to make a baby quilt for her.
The quilt finished at about 45" x 54".
I also made a pillow to match the quilt.
It is 14" square.
I had wanted to try making & putting on piping & inserting a zipper for easier removal to wash the quilt.
Finished this Hearts & Stars quilt in January. It was a Craftsy course by Anne Petersen called Continuous Line Quilting. I had gotten the course and material in 2014 and finally got around to getting it done.
The materials was Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton - different and I used various variegated threads on the front to complete the free motion quilting and just one variegated thread on the back.
It finished at 40" x 45".
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Angela Torlop, from Tasmania, Australia was my swap partner & this is the mat & goodies she sent.
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
She goes over all the stitches in her lessons that a person could use & she provides the butterfly template - the rest is up to you. I had to decide what colours, fabrics, felts, shapes for each butterfly. I also had to decide which threads and embroidery stitches I wanted to use. I drew and wrote down for each butterfly a 'master' plan. So far I have appliquéd the felt and fabrics on each butterfly. I had started to just do one butterfly from start to finish - but that was taking too long & getting too confusing. So I decided to plan it out, appliqué all of them and then complete the embroidery work on each one.
So far I am pleased with the progress...
Sunday, January 11, 2015
These are the 4 Music themed postcards I was to make for the swap. Again they are 4" x 6" and they are all going to the USA. I decided to use some of the foil I had to make the shapes - didn't turn out 'too' bad - I need to work on applying the foil glue straighter.
I will be mailing them early! Yeah, one less thing left to do… Now just to wait for the ones I am to receive...